Australia Student Visa:
The Australia student visa (subclass 500) is a visa category that allows international students to study full-time at an accredited educational institution in Australia. With this visa, students can study for up to five years, depending on the length of their course.
Here are some key features of the Australia student visa:
Key Features of Australia Study Visa:
- Study: With this visa, you can undertake a full-time course of study in Australia.
- Work: You can work up to 40 hours per fortnight during term time and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
- Dependent family members: You can bring your spouse and children with you to Australia if they meet the visa requirements.
- Health insurance: You are required to maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- Travel: You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you like while your visa is valid.
- Renewal: You can renew your visa while you are in Australia if you meet the eligibility requirements.
It’s important to note that there are specific requirements and conditions that must be met to be eligible for a student visa. You’ll need to apply for the visa online and provide evidence of your enrolment, English language proficiency, financial capacity, and other requirements as determined by the Australian Government.
Australia Student Visa Requirements from Bangladesh:
The entry requirements for a study visa (subclass 500) for Australia can vary depending on your country of origin and the course of study you plan to undertake. However, here are some general requirements that you’ll need to meet:
Requirements of Australia Study:
- Enrollment in a registered course: You need to be enrolled in a registered full-time course at an Australian educational institution. The course must be at least three months long.
- English language proficiency: You need to demonstrate English language proficiency by providing evidence of a test result or by meeting other requirements specified by the institution. The most commonly accepted English language tests are IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Financial requirements: You need to demonstrate that you have enough funds to cover your course fees, living expenses, and travel costs. You’ll need to provide evidence of your financial capacity, such as bank statements or a scholarship.
- Health requirements: You need to meet the health requirements set by the Australian Government. This may include a medical examination or a chest x-ray.
- Character requirements: You need to provide evidence that you are of good character, which may include a police certificate from your home country.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You need to have OSHC for the duration of your stay in Australia. This will cover the cost of any medical treatment you may need while in Australia.
It’s important to note that the requirements for a study visa can vary depending on the specific circumstances of your application. It’s a good idea to consult the Department of Home Affairs website or speak to a registered migration agent for more information on the requirements for your individual situation.
Australia Student Visa Cost:
The cost of an Australia student visa varies depending on the type of visa, the length of stay, and the country of origin. As of February 2023, the current fees for a student visa (subclass 500) are as follows:
- Base application fee: AUD 640
- Additional applicant fee for family members: AUD 460 per person
- Student Guardian visa application fee: AUD 640
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fee: varies depending on the length of stay and the provider chosen. The cost of OSHC can range from AUD 400 to AUD 2,500 per year.